Monday, July 6, 2015

Chocolate Kahlua Mousse



Last week I’d been craving for chocolate for days.  I was thinking about baking a chocolate cake or some brownies to satisfy my craving, but the hot temperature in LA was keeping me away from turning on the oven.  So I decided to make a super easy chocolate mousse in the blender!   And I realized that as many times as I have made this blended chocolate mousse before, I’ve never posted.  This time around I am not going to miss it again because it’s too easy and too good not to share.  This chocolate mousse is made for adults only because I’ve added some Kahlua liquor just to give it a little more of the boozy chocolaty taste.  But don’t worry if you prefer non-alcohol version, the Kahlua is just optional.




So, if you have to make an easy classy dessert for guests that will take less time to whip up and gives you more times to socialize with friends, this one is definitely the one to go to as long as you have a blender. 


What you need for 4 servings
1 cup dark bittersweet chocolate chip (I used 60% Ghirardelli)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. Kahlua liquor
1 egg
*Berries for garnish if preferred and whip cream is optional
1. In a small pan, heat up mill and heave cream over low heat just to heat through
2. Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend for a couple minutes until completely smooth
3. Divide the mousse evenly among serving cups or glasses and chill for at least 4-6 hours for the mousse to be completely set before serving




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...