Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Green Tea Soba Noodle Salad with Sesame Soy Ginger Dressing




First of all, I don’t really want to think of myself as a noodle hoarder, but the truth is whenever I have a chance to go to the markets, I’d always buy packages of both dried and fresh noodles since I make noodle dishes all the time. And for the record, I am an Asian and I crazy for noodles! Hehehe…

My noodle dish today I go for a refreshing, light, and healthy noodle salad with leftover rotisserie chicken for lunch. This salad is easy to make since the chicken is already cooked. As for the veggies, use any combination that you have such as sweet bell pepper, baby spinach, Napa cabbage, and cucumber would work perfectly to the dish. I wish I had some of cucumber in my fridge to make this salad even refresher, but I didn’t have it, wahhhh!!!

























The tasty dressing is so simple to whip up in seconds, and you can also control the amount of the chili sauce as much or as little as you like, or use chili flakes, add hard-boiled egg for the additional protein and to make it a beautiful looking dish, and the sesame oil added to the dressing just gives this salad such a wonderful explosive flavor. This green tea soba noodle salad is absolutely refreshing, healthy, and delicious. It’s easy to make and impressive to serve to friends and family at anytime.




What you need: 

100 g dried Green Tea soba noodles
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped/shredded
1/2 cup snow peas, cut diagonally and blanched
1/4 cup carrot, finely julienned and/or thinly slice
2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered

For the dressing:

2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, plus 1/2 tsp for garnish
2 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 scallions, thinly sliced, plus for garnish 



How to:

1. Add all the ingredients for the dressing in the mixing bowl and mix well, set aside
2. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat with a pinch of salt. Cook the dried noodles as you would with dried pasta, drain and rinse well under running cold water and put them in a large bowl, and then add cooked chicken, snow peas, and carrot.
3. Pour the dressing over the noodle bowl and gently toss then together to mix well
4. Serve the green tea noodle salad with the garnish of hard-boiled egg, sesame seeds, and thinly slice scallions. 


Enjoy!
^__^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...