Friday, December 28, 2012

Crispy Garlic Chickpeas




I have come across many foodie blogs about roasted chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) with different ways of seasoning the beans for quite sometimes now and I just want to give it a try since I always keep cans of garbanzo beans in my pantry,…and… because I ran out of my healthy snack roasted almonds.
 
I've never gave this a try before when I usually eat them by adding in salad or soup and now I've learned how easy that was to make this healthy, tasty crispy snack at home whenever I wanted.

Oh mine……new addiction has begun!

There are many ways to experiment with flavors and however you like to suit your mood, spicy, sweet, soy, sesame, garlic, Parmesan, just give it a try using your imagination. You never know you might find the new way of loving the chickpeas to be your next best thing of flavor snack like I do. Be careful though when you start eating them, you just can’t stop until they’re all gone! So, make lots of them just in case a friend might drop by.




 

What you only need: 

1 can chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) 
1 tbsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/2 tsp paprika 
1/2 dried parsley 

Preheat the oven to 400’F degree


- Rinse the beans with cold water and pat dry with paper towel and discard excess skins



- Season with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, dried parsley and toss well

 
- Place the seasoning beans on a baking sheet with a single layer and bake at for 40-50 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy, shake them once after 25 minutes just to rotate the beans.



Enjoy!
^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...