Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Fruit Salad with Orange-Honey-Basil Dressing




On Saturday, the hubby and I went to farmer market in Pasadena, and I was like a little kid in a candy store. There were so many beautiful summer fruit like white and yellow peaches, red and green plums, yellow and white nectarines, and berries that tasted so juicy and sweet from the vendor’s samples (my favorite part and I tried them all!) I would have bought them all if the hubby didn’t stop me first!



 


So, I brought home a few of everything…well, almost everything…I told you the hubby stopped me from doing that!!!! But it’s okay. I can go back next Saturday. 




 


This time I whipped up simple sweet dressing combining fresh squeeze orange juice, honey, and chopped fresh basil for a hint of dazzling summer. Poured it over the fresh cut fruit and chilled in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. It’s as simple as that! 

 

Ahhh.…I just love summer! 




What you need: (mix any of your favorite summer fruit)

1 large (1 cup) yellow peach, chopped and seeded
1 large (1 cup) red plum, chopped and seeded
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 kiwi, chopped
2 medium oranges, cut into segments (and squeezed the juice for 1/4 cup for the dressing) 




Orange-Honey-Basil dressing:

1/4 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
1 tbsp Honey
5 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped 

- For the dressing, whisk together orange juice, honey, and basil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chopped fruit into the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes in the refrigerator to allow flavors to blend. Serve cold as side dish or dessert with plain yogurt on top, if desired.


Enjoy!
J







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...