Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meyer Lemon Honey Frozen Yogurt



Tried and True.

I was trying to make Meyer Lemon posset with my own twist! As a result, it turned out to be something surprisingly good, really, especially when having this icy creamy sweet lemon flavor in the hot weather like this. I needed to confirm that this is not really Meyer Lemon posset as that original recipe in L.A. Times I found the other day when browsing the Internet because I did not use heavy cream as the recipe called for. Instead I used nonfat plain yogurt and 2% milk, and honey was added for a hint of natural sweetness. 



To be honest, I was really nervous with the result because the Lemon-milk-yogurt mixture was not set properly in the refrigerator. So, I put them in the freezer and kept checking on them for every 15 minutes. The mixture started to set after 30 minutes…huh…it worked! So, I stirred and freeze for another 45 minutes until it set in the middle. But to tell you the truth, the yogurt mixtures had become ice and I could not poke the spoon into it…..sigh…. So, I let them sit on the kitchen counter (and stared at them to speed up the melting process, just kidding!) for 15 minutes and I started to dig into it again…




Voila! I was surprised with the texture it came out. It was icy and creamy at the same time. And the taste…nothing could go wrong with the taste of sweet creamy dessert made from Meyer Lemon in the hot summer. Agree?  




What you need:

1/2 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/3 cup fresh squeeze Meyer Lemon juice
A few raspberries for garnish - optional





How To:

- Combine milk, sugar, and honey over low heat, turn off the heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved
- Add yogurt to the milk mixture and stir to mix well­­­­­­­
- Pour the yogurt mixture among dessert glasses and freeze them for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes in the freezer, stir the yogurt mixture with a fork or spoon to incorporate them and freeze another 45 minutes or until they are set
- Let them sit in the room temperature for about 10=15 minutes before serving; garnish with a few raspberries with a little dusting of powdered sugar if desired


Enjoy!
^__^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...