Monday, June 25, 2012

Fruit Salad with Creamy Yogurt Dressing



It’s depressing not to have a full time job but having to work part-time only in the morning is actually working out very well for me because I still have time to do some cooking and try on new recipes! Sometimes I’ve got carried away with the new exciting recipes I found on the net and in the magazines and when I start to cook, I always end up with too much food to eat when there are actually only 2 people live in this household. And lately, I have been making a lot of dessert since the hubby has always asked for it, and the result? I’ve gained weights! Yeah, let’s blame him! It’s always easier to blame somebody else, right? Hehehe….(^o^)

So, today I’m being a good girl trying to get back on my track and thinking of making my usual smoothie for lunch, but I really want something more refreshing than that.  So, I look around in my kitchen and see some oranges and kiwi…hmmm…I’m going to make a fruit salad with, of course, yogurt dressing! 

Basically, you can use any fruit you have or like but I just want to share with you the yogurt dressing that I make, it’s so creamy yummy refreshing with the sweetness from fresh squeeze orange juice and a bit of honey.   It would be too rude not to share, right!  But first, I need to go pick some blackberries that still have some left in the backyard (last crop!) and when I come back, we shall have some fun! 
what you need:
1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
3 medium orange, cut into segments
1/3 cup fresh squeeze orange juice from the 3 orange above
2 medium Kiwi, thinly cut crosswise or whatever shape you like
A few berries – blackberry, raspberry, or strawberry
2 tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp honey

- Whisk together the yogurt, honey, orange juice, and zest to blend well and pour over your lovely fruit salad.  Chill the fruit salad a little before serving for the best result.

Enjoy!
^__^




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...