Friday, June 1, 2012

Blackberry-Mint Lemonade



Just as last post I was talking about how much of blackberries I have and I will be posting some recipes cooking with blackberry. However, if I don’t have any ideas, no time, too busy, or just lazy, I might have to pack them up and freeze them, again, yes again! I still have some frozen berries in my freezer! 




So, this blackberry-mint lemonade was just my last minutes idea since my original idea was to just make lemonade, so, I thought, let’s put some berries…and mints! Yeah! Here it is…the prettiest pink lemonade I’ve ever made! It’s so good and so refreshing that I will definitely make it again and again and again and again!





This recipe makes 1 big pitcher:

4 cups filtered water
1/2 cup fresh blackberry
1 cup sugar
1cup water
1/2 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
5 sprigs fresh mint or about 1/2 cup mint leaves
1 medium lemon thinly sliced


- over the medium-low heat, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan to make simple syrup, as soon as the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat
- add the berries and some of mint leaves into the warm syrup and use a the back of spoon to mashing the berries and mints and let the mixture stand for a few minutes to blend the flavor
- pour the berry mixture through a fine sieve directly into a pitcher, and discard the seeds
- add lemon juice and 4 cups of filtered water, add the rest of mint leaves and lemon slices into a pitcher, stir well, and chill
- serve over ice cube or crushed ice as you desired… with the additional garnish with a few berries, mint leaf, and lemon slice!


Enjoy!

^__^




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...