Thursday, April 12, 2012

Simply Sweet Orange Custard...



"Honey!  What’s for dessert?”   That what I would hear every single night from my sweet tooth hubby who has to have, must have, something sweet after dinner almost every night.  I, myself, am not a big fan of a sweet stuff.  After finish my dinner that means I’m done eating.  If I do really want something sweet, I’d rather have an orange, tangerine (my favorite), or a cup of grapes or berries, or any other kind of fruit that is in season after dinner.  Nowadays, I found myself start to make more dessert than I used to before just to make a hubby stop asking about it, once in a while, which he doesn’t really mind if I don’t make it, he can just has some fruit and be happy still. 




Since we always have some oranges store in the basket on the counter in the kitchen all the time, I decided to make something sweet and simple, something that I like it, too!  You can’t beat that, right?  ^__^





What you need:
1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
1 tbsp finely grates orange zest
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup milk – I used reduced-fat milk
A few drops of vanilla extract

How to:  Preheat the oven at 350’F
  • In a small bowl, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed for a few minutes
  • Add the eggs, flour and salt and continue beating at the same speed until it thickened
  • Stir in milk, orange juice, orange zest, and lemon juice
  • Pour into 4 /6-oz. ramekins, place ramekins in baking pan and add about 1 or 2 in. of boiling water to pan
  • Bake uncovered at 350’ F for 40-45 minutes until it set in the middle and the surface of the custard turn slightly golden brown
  • Carefully remove ramekins from baking pan and serve warm with a piece of fresh orange segment on top
Enjoy!
^__^




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...