Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tri-color Pasta-Jumbo Squid-White Wine/Sun-dried Tomato Sauce





I went shopping at Cost Plus World Market store over the weekend and found this gorgeous tri-color pasta nest egg Grand’Mere made in France and I thought…umm…white wine, squid, and homemade sun-dried tomato I made from last summer using tomatoes from my own garden!  And this dish just popped up in my head right away. 








I grabbed a bag of this colorful pasta and quickly walked over to the wine section thinking what kind of wine that I can drink and use for cooking at the same time.   Dry white wine? I knew that some recipes are called for dry white wine in pasta dishes but I have tried it before….nah!  And then I remembered watching Rachel Rey and all the food guru on the cooking channel which I heard it so many time over and over again of what they said…“cook with any wine that you like or usually drink, don’t waste it!”  Aha…Chardonnay?  Yeah, I can drink Chardonnay.  That’s it.   Here we go…let's have some fun.  And remember, life is not perfect, so food doesn't have to be either!




What you need:  serve 3-4 servings depends on how hungry you are!

6 nests Tri-color pasta Grand’ Mere
1 ½ lb. packed frozen jumbo squid sliced crosswise
½ cup red onion sliced
3-4 clove garlic chopped
½ cup yellow bell pepper sliced
½ cup sun-dried tomato chopped
2 cups baby spinach chopped
¼ cup parsley chopped
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup white wine – any that you like to drink
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
**Tabasco hot sauce or Sriracha chili sauce is optional for those who like some heat.  I do!

How to:

1.  Cook pasta according to the package.

2.  While the pasta is cooking, heat the large pan on the medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and onion and cook about 2-3 minutes.

3. Add squid and make a few stir, and add sun-dried tomato, bell pepper and cook for about 5-7 minutes.  Note: squid doesn't required that long to cook.  if they are overcooked, they will become rubbery.

4. Add white wine, salt and pepper to taste.

5.  Toss in chopped spinach and basil at the end when you are happy with the taste, and turn off the
heat.

**Serve with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top... and the rest of Chardonnay if you may!


Enjoy!


^__^





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...